Much of the free programs and application promote to other application and services via hijacking your browser to show advertising and change your homepage and search engine.
For example we are going to apply on “Conduit Search and search.conduit.com“.
How to remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com (Virus Removal Guide)
STEP 1: Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit program from your computer
- To uninstall the malicious program responsible for the Conduit Search and search.conduit.com redirect from Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the Control Panel window opens click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs category. This option is shown by the arrow in the image below. If you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the Programs and Features icon instead.
- When the Programs and Features or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Search Protect by Conduit, ValueApps, Conduit Toolbar and any other recently installed unknown program from your computer.
STEP 2: Remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com virus from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the “gear icon” in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options.
- In the “Internet Options” dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab, then click on the “Reset” button.
- In the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” section, select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
- When Internet Explorer has completed its task, click on the “Close” button in the confirmation dialogue box. You will now need to close your browser, and then you can open Internet Explorer again.
Note: You should “Restore to Default” to Firefox and Google Chrome as well, which has different steps.
STEP 3: Remove Conduit Search and search.conduit.com browser hijacker with AdwCleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the “Scan” button as shown below.
- To remove the Conduit Search and search.conduit.com malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the “Clean” button.
- AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the “OK” button.
AdwCleaner will now delete all detected adware from your computer. When it is done it will display an alert that explains what PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and Adware are. Please read through this information and then press the “OK” button. You will now be presented with an alert that states AdwCleaner needs to reboot your computer.
Please click on the “OK” button to allow AdwCleaner reboot your computer.
Now Your computer should now be free of the Conduit Search and search.conduit.com infection and other browser hijacker or changes to your browser made by free applications.