One of the most annoying issues is the Blue Death Screen! specially if it’s an error like “Bad_Pool_Header”, which could be caused by many and vary reasons, including but not limited to:
- Misconfigured system.
- Failed/Corrupted system update.
- Misconfigured/Corrupted registery entries.
- Hard Disk issues/corrupted.
- Outdated or corrupted drivers.
- Sometimes caused by a specific app.
In my case, the issue happen when I run Firefox, sometimes it directly show the bad pool header error and sometimes take some minutes!
I have tried disabling some plugins/themes and uninstalling then install Firefox again but nothing changed.
From CMD (Command Prompt) using Administrator rights, run:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- sfc /scannow
You might have to run sfc a few times until you get a message: no integrity violation
If the above solutions has not fixed the issue, you can try the following command on Terminal (CMD) Run As Administrator:
chkdsk /r C:
For more specific details and go directly to issue reason:
- Download Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) from Windows Dev Center
- Run setup, “Select the features you want to install.” “Debugging tools for Windows”, deselect other options!
- After install finish, run “WinDbg” as Administrator (important).
- From “File” Select “Symbol file path”, or simply press “CTRL+S”.
- Enter the following url: SRV*C:\Windows\symbol_cache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
- Click ok.
- From “File” Select “ Save Workspace“.
- From “File” Select “Open Crash Dump” or “CTRL+D”.
- Navigate to “C:\Windows\” then select “MEMORY.DMP”.
At the bottom of the file you will see the specific files causing the BSOD Error, Example:
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tcpip.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Simple google it, ex: BSOD Win8.1 tcpip.sys